Location: Delhi and Gurgaon
Why Should Anyone Apply for This Role and to EFY?
Are YOU passionate about technology? Interested in subjects such as electronics or Open Source or Computer Science at large? Want to explore these subjects in depth, and like the idea of sharing your knowledge with the rest of the world? If your answer is YES to these questions–then here’s a role for you.
What’s the Opportunity for the Candidate?
- India’s leading Tech Media group is seeking techies, tech writers or tech journalists to discover, explore and write on technical topics such as core electronics or open source.
- We have positions open in the team that writes on hard-core electronics (components, circuit design, embedded systems) and the team that writes on IT and Open Source related topics
- The candidates will get to meet with (and network with) the Who’s Who of the Tech World and their content will be read or viewed by thousands across India and the globe.
- The role comes with opportunity to lead products and teams across India.
What are the Challenges in the Role?
- Ability to understand latest technologies and be able to explain them in simple words to our audiences
- The biggest challenge is ability to spot the right story, get the right inputs from the right people, and then put them together as RemarkABLE content.
- Ability to connect and influence people across industry, academia and sciences to share their time, energy and knowledge with you.
- News-sense: the ability to spot topics that will benefit more than others, and be able to execute stories.
What’s Expected From the Candidate in Terms of Skill Sets & Experience?
- Deep interest in technology, knowledge of current tech and ability to grasp technical terms
- Those with experience in similar roles can apply for the Sr Tech Journalist role, while those who have tech background but lack experience in writing—can apply for Tech Journalist role
- An understanding of hi-tech, and a flair for writing on the same. Familiarity of Open Source, hard-core electronics and hi-tech industry.
- Openness and eagerness to move out and interact with contacts in industry, academia and sciences.
- Good communication skills–both written and spoken.
- Openness to work on/with multiple products and platforms–online, print, events, videos, etc.
- Openness and eagerness to learn.
- Ability to handle work-pressure and deadlines.
- Confirm your location of choice—Gurgaon or Okhla? The team working on hard-core electronics is based out of Okhla (New Delhi) and Gurgaon (NCR), while the team working on IT sits out of Gurgaon only
A tech degree is a bonus, B.Tech – Electronics / CS freshers from reputed Engineering colleges may apply.
Is Own Conveyance IMP for This Role?
Would be a Bonus but not a necessity
Interested Candidate Mail Your Resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (22)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (238)
- Engineering (224)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (88)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (90)
- Manufacturing (14)
- Mechanical (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (153)
- Network (7)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (31)
- Robotics (3)
- Sales (6)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (30)
- Service & Maintenance (13)
- Software and System Programming (152)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (12)
- Telecom (49)
- Testing/QA/QC (45)
- Trainee (10)
- Walk-ins (7)