- Designs, codes, tests and documents applications based on system and user requirements.
- Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
- Devises quality improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing
- Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs
- Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Works with business and development teams to clarify requirements to ensure testability
- Drafts, revises, and maintains test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts
- Executes test procedures according to software requirements specifications
- Logs defects and makes recommendations to address defects
- Retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved
- Documents evolution of testing procedures for future replication
- May conduct performance and scalability testing
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering 2016
- Strong Object Oriented Analysis and Design skill or strong adherence to SOLID software design principles
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming languages; operating systems; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities, as applicable.
- Able to code/debug simple programs using either written or verbal design specifications
- Undergraduate degree and 0-2 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of SQL Server development and database design
- Designing, coding, testing, documenting, and deploying global applications based on system and user requirements
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Familiar with Unit Test, Mock, Test Driven Development etc.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Bachelors degree in a related field (CS, IS)
Life at Dell Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:Life at Dell
Job SW Engineer-IT
Primary Location AP-IN-KA-Bangalore
Shift Day Job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (22)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (226)
- Engineering (215)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (85)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (75)
- Manufacturing (14)
- Mechanical (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (142)
- Network (7)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (4)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (31)
- Robotics (2)
- Sales (5)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (30)
- Service & Maintenance (13)
- Software and System Programming (145)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (10)
- Telecom (47)
- Testing/QA/QC (42)
- Trainee (7)
- Walk-ins (7)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- The Biggest Challenge Today is The “Lack of Hardware” January 19, 2018
- 300 W DC/DC Converter for Railway/Transportation & Industrial Applications January 19, 2018
- BCR430U Improves Efficiency for LED Strips With an Ultra-Low Voltage Drop Linear LED Driver IC January 19, 2018
- Nanotechnology in Electronics January 19, 2018
- Smart Cameras January 18, 2018
- Make Your Own Joystick for RF Controlled Robot January 18, 2018
- 5GHz PA with Integrated Power Detector from RFMW January 18, 2018
- New 256Mb High-Speed CMOS SDRAMs in the 54-Pin TSOP January 18, 2018
- Design Tips for Electronics Enthusiasts January 17, 2018
- Convolutional Neural Networks for Autonomous Cars (Part 1 of 2) January 17, 2018