- Designs, codes, tests and documents applications based on system and user requirements.
- Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
- Devises quality improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing
- Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs
- Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Works with business and development teams to clarify requirements to ensure testability
- Drafts, revises, and maintains test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts
- Executes test procedures according to software requirements specifications
- Logs defects and makes recommendations to address defects
- Retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved
- Documents evolution of testing procedures for future replication
- May conduct performance and scalability testing
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering 2016
- Strong Object Oriented Analysis and Design skill or strong adherence to SOLID software design principles
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming languages; operating systems; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities, as applicable.
- Able to code/debug simple programs using either written or verbal design specifications
- Undergraduate degree and 0-2 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of SQL Server development and database design
- Designing, coding, testing, documenting, and deploying global applications based on system and user requirements
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Familiar with Unit Test, Mock, Test Driven Development etc.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Bachelors degree in a related field (CS, IS)
Life at Dell Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:Life at Dell
Job SW Engineer-IT
Primary Location AP-IN-KA-Bangalore
Shift Day Job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (4)
- Automation (16)
- Automobile (5)
- Customer Service (4)
- Design Engineer (41)
- Embedded/Chip Design (151)
- Engineering (164)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (1)
- Government (69)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Internships (43)
- Manufacturing (9)
- Mechanical (1)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (114)
- Network (2)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (1)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (1)
- Product Engineering (1)
- R&D (24)
- Robotics (2)
- Sales (2)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (22)
- Service & Maintenance (8)
- Software and System Programming (108)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (7)
- Telecom (35)
- Testing/QA/QC (29)
- Trainee (4)
- Walk-ins (7)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Self-Driving Cars Platform and Their Trends (Part 2 of 2) September 25, 2017
- World’s Most Compact Sigfox Verified Solution with RF System-in-Package for Low Power IoT Designs September 25, 2017
- The Worst Thing You Could do for Someone is to Set Low Expectations September 25, 2017
- MathWorks Announces Release 2017b of the MATLAB and Simulink Product Families September 25, 2017
- New MCP2517FD Allows Users to Easily Transition To and Benefit From CAN FD Enhancements September 25, 2017
- Barcodes Will Soon Communicate With Humans September 23, 2017
- Specialised Technology Solutions to Enable Climate Resilient Farming September 23, 2017
- 25 Free eBooks On Electronics! September 22, 2017
- Data Interface: HSIC versus USB September 22, 2017
- How Blockchain Came Into Being? September 22, 2017