Trimble is recruiting for a Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Chennai, India.SummaryA Software Engineer is an experienced technical team member, contributing primarily to high level and low level designs, coding, testing, system integration, development of test cases and test harness, bug fixing, test reports, user documentation and generation of reports.The Software Engineer also provides work estimates and involves in the review of code and designs and gives constructive feedback.Responsibility and Accountability
- Completely accountable for own work and work of a small team that is assigned.
- Participate in requirement collections, competitive product study, market study etc.,
- Translate requirements into high level and low level designs.
- Decompose design elements into structured code as per prevailing or customer defined coding guidelines, preparation and execution of test cases and development of test codes or test harnesses. Trace back through code, design and resolve issues and bugs.
- Read and understand high level product description or requirement document and propose one or more software designs at the module level.
- Document work, software designs, code and record and produce test reports.
- Present work to team for review or other purposes.
- Participate in reviews of work done by peers and provide constructive feedback.
- Sub-Module level responsibility in large projects and Module (or component) level responsibility in small / medium sized projects and complete responsibility is small sized projects, depending upon the complexity and decomposition.
- Be contemporary, by adopting technological and market evolutions.
- Support front end teams and junior engineers on need basis.
- Estimate, plan and organize own work and work of a small team with very little or moderate supervision.
- Ensure team motivation and morale.
- Ensure smooth execution of projects with peer co-ordination and support.
Technical Skills And Background
- Good working experience in ASP.NET MVC
- HTML5 and AngularJS experience
- C# language experience
- Microsoft Web API 2 experience nice to have
- Good working experience on SQL Technologies, handling SQL related programming, debugging, developing stored procedures etc.,
- Table design and creation
- ETL/stored procedure design and creation
- Database optimisation skills nice to have
- SSRS/SSAS skills/experience nice to have
- Other reporting BI tools experience nice to have
- Must have done at least 3 large implementations or 4 to 6 projects using these technologies.
- Must have a working experience of about 2 to 3 years in relevant areas.
Graduation and Certification
- Graduated from a premier institute.
- B.E / B.Tech or M.E / M.Tech / M.S. in Computer Science Engineering or an equivalent degree with a good JEE / AIEEE / GATE score.
- Should have scored minimum 90% marks since 10th Standard with consistent academic records.
- Good score in any of the national level Olympiads or talent search examinations will be a value addition.
- Paper presentation in a national level forum, contribution to open source projects, contribution to standards bodies will be a value addition.
- Working experience in a tier-1 organization for a period of 1 to 3 years.
- Agile / Scrum certification.
- Certification by Microsoft in .Net technologies can be considered.
Key Result Areas Accountability for assignments, timely delivery and meet or exceed quality requirements.
Supervisory Resposibility None.
Reporting To Team Leader or above.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (22)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (237)
- Engineering (224)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (87)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (90)
- Manufacturing (14)
- Mechanical (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (153)
- Network (7)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (31)
- Robotics (3)
- Sales (6)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (30)
- Service & Maintenance (13)
- Software and System Programming (152)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (12)
- Telecom (48)
- Testing/QA/QC (45)
- Trainee (10)
- Walk-ins (7)