Trimble is recruiting for a Quality Engineer to fill an opportunity in Chennai, India.
This position supports the environmental program at Trimble by managing projects in the environmental compliance area, implementing processes to meet environmental compliance requirements, as well as monitoring environmental legislation and interpreting how it applies to the Trimble business. Trimble designs product to be sold worldwide. To be able to sell into various Jurisdictions, we have to meet some mandatory regulations. The known substance regulatory requirements today are EU RoHS, REACH; US Conflict Minerals; other Jurisdictional regulations such as China, Japan, India, North & South America; and may include additional specific requirements of Trimble customers. Knowledge of product take-back laws including the EU WEEE law and similar laws globally is also of interest. In addition to knowledge of the above laws, the candidate will have some knowledge of material science and specifically how it relates to the materials used in the electronics industry
- Major knowledge emphasis on European Union RoHS, REACH directives, China, Russia, and will include Conflict Minerals and other material regulations
- The candidate has demonstrated the ability to execute initiatives and projects both individually and as part of a team to meet business goals and provide operational efficiencies.
- Executes and applies corporate policies for compliance with applicable environmental compliance regulations.
- Oversees systems for managing product compliance and composition “PG&C Agile etc
- Develops and delivers training on environmental topics throughout the company.
- Monitors legal landscape for news of changing substance restriction/control laws.
- Interprets new/changing legislation and applicability to NI products and communicates impact to leadership.
- Interacts with customers to provide requested information, tracks new/shifting product requirements, and ensures alignment between customer expectations and NI processes/policies.
- Summarizes and presents information to leadership on a regular basis.
- Support customer requests for compliance certifications
- Ensure product comply to all the countries compliance requirements
- Knowledge of the field of substance regulations including EU RoHS and REACH laws and similar laws globally.
Preferred location India
Skills & Experience Required:
- BS in an engineering and/or regulatory discipline
- A broad understanding of the product(s) being developed, how they are used and by whom.
- Knowledge of PG&C/ IMDS / BOM Checkers/ IHS
- Experience in implementing or developing compliance programs.
- Proven track record as a strong individual contributor: proactive, responsible, hard-working, and willing to self-educate, investigate, and research on environmental related topics.
- Ability to prioritize in a high-volume, multi-tasking environment; must be able to quickly synthesize technical and product information and apply regulatory requirements.
- Capacity to exercise excellent judgment and make decisions based on clear understanding of the regulations.
Strong attention to detail
- EU RoHS / REACH information
- Jurisdictional requirements such as China hazardous substance table
- Other specific Jurisdictional requirements
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (22)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (225)
- Engineering (212)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (85)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (75)
- Manufacturing (14)
- Mechanical (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (141)
- Network (7)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (4)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (31)
- Robotics (2)
- Sales (5)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (30)
- Service & Maintenance (13)
- Software and System Programming (144)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (10)
- Telecom (46)
- Testing/QA/QC (42)
- Trainee (7)
- Walk-ins (7)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Smart Cameras January 18, 2018
- Make Your Own Joystick for RF Controlled Robot January 18, 2018
- 5GHz PA with Integrated Power Detector from RFMW January 18, 2018
- New 256Mb High-Speed CMOS SDRAMs in the 54-Pin TSOP January 18, 2018
- Design Tips for Electronics Enthusiasts January 17, 2018
- Convolutional Neural Networks for Autonomous Cars (Part 1 of 2) January 17, 2018
- 5G Radio Dot Gives Big Boost to Indoor Coverage January 17, 2018
- New ISO 26262 / ASIL-D Power Management IC for Automotive Control Units January 17, 2018
- ME910C1-AU: The First Module to Receive LTE Category M1 Certification for Operation on Telstra January 16, 2018
- Internet of Things: The Protocols Landscape January 16, 2018