Company Boeing International Corporation India Private Limited
Job ID 1700010323
Date posted 07/14/2017
Location Bangalore, KarnatakaIndia
The selected individual will be a part of the engineering and technology team in Boeing India. This position involves working closely with other development teams in Sweden, Singapore, Canada and US.
The selected individual will be part of a skilled team in the Crew Management Solutions implementation department, responsible for the development and delivery of our Crew management products to airline customers.
This position develops and maintains technical relationships / partnerships with global team members to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
This position provides periodic updates to Boeing management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents.
This position will support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, mentoring, customer engagement etc.
This position will require some international travel.
Demonstrated ability to create positive impact on customer by developing polished, cohesive, effective, and user friendly applications for large and complex aviation related software systems. Past experience in consulting would be a plus.
Must have excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in Java, Python, and shell scripting.
Must have demonstrable passion in programming, open source contribution or interesting hobby projects.
Experience in Linux environment is required.
Knowledge of development using the Eclipse RCP framework is preferred.
Experience in using versioning systems (Mercurial) and continuous delivery process (Jenkins, Maven, RPM) is highly preferred.
Airline experience, preferably in Crew Management is preferred.
Experience using test tools such as Gherkin and Behave would be a plus.
Must have ability to take an analytical approach to problem solving.
Must have hands-on experience using application Agile development processes and tools.
Must have the ability inspire other team members with great ideas, and take responsibility with a “can do” attitude.
Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
Communication – strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare comprehensive reports, proposals, Statements of Work, and connect technology to business considerations (e.g., ROI). Candidate must be fluent in English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
Relocation Assistance AvailableYes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
0 to 1 year of experience as a software application developer. Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Mathematics, or Engineering is required and a Master degree is preferred.
Candidates with Aviation related application development background will be given preference.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (6)
- Automation (17)
- Automobile (6)
- Embedded/Chip Design (185)
- Engineering (189)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (79)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (51)
- Manufacturing (11)
- Mechanical (1)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (131)
- Network (6)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (1)
- PCB Design (4)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (28)
- Robotics (2)
- Sales (3)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (25)
- Service & Maintenance (11)
- Software and System Programming (132)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (8)
- Telecom (41)
- Testing/QA/QC (35)
- Trainee (6)
- Walk-ins (7)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- How to Reduce Size and Weight of Pulse Load Power Supply November 23, 2017
- 3D Printing Quickens Manufacturing, Customises Healthcare, and More November 22, 2017
- New 15 W and 20 W DC-DC Converters Feature Medical Safety Approvals November 21, 2017
- Protect IP and Deploy Secured Connected Systems With New CryptoAuthentication device and Security Design Partner Program November 21, 2017
- Garden Solar Light November 21, 2017
- MathWorks Introduces 5G Library for New 3GPP Radio Technology Development November 20, 2017
- Next-Generation Smart Objects Can Do More and Consume Less with New STM32L4+ Microcontrollers Series November 20, 2017
- An Era of EVEN Lower Cost LEDs – Pioneered by Direct Drive Drivers November 20, 2017
- Where Is Wi-Fi Heading? November 20, 2017
- Zerynth 2.0.5: The IoT Platform November 20, 2017