Company Boeing International Corporation India Private Limited
Job ID 1700010323
Date posted 07/14/2017
Location Bangalore, KarnatakaIndia
The selected individual will be a part of the engineering and technology team in Boeing India. This position involves working closely with other development teams in Sweden, Singapore, Canada and US.
The selected individual will be part of a skilled team in the Crew Management Solutions implementation department, responsible for the development and delivery of our Crew management products to airline customers.
This position develops and maintains technical relationships / partnerships with global team members to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
This position provides periodic updates to Boeing management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents.
This position will support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, mentoring, customer engagement etc.
This position will require some international travel.
Demonstrated ability to create positive impact on customer by developing polished, cohesive, effective, and user friendly applications for large and complex aviation related software systems. Past experience in consulting would be a plus.
Must have excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in Java, Python, and shell scripting.
Must have demonstrable passion in programming, open source contribution or interesting hobby projects.
Experience in Linux environment is required.
Knowledge of development using the Eclipse RCP framework is preferred.
Experience in using versioning systems (Mercurial) and continuous delivery process (Jenkins, Maven, RPM) is highly preferred.
Airline experience, preferably in Crew Management is preferred.
Experience using test tools such as Gherkin and Behave would be a plus.
Must have ability to take an analytical approach to problem solving.
Must have hands-on experience using application Agile development processes and tools.
Must have the ability inspire other team members with great ideas, and take responsibility with a “can do” attitude.
Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
Communication – strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare comprehensive reports, proposals, Statements of Work, and connect technology to business considerations (e.g., ROI). Candidate must be fluent in English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
Relocation Assistance AvailableYes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
0 to 1 year of experience as a software application developer. Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Mathematics, or Engineering is required and a Master degree is preferred.
Candidates with Aviation related application development background will be given preference.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (4)
- Automation (16)
- Automobile (5)
- Customer Service (4)
- Design Engineer (41)
- Embedded/Chip Design (150)
- Engineering (165)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (1)
- Government (69)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Internships (41)
- Manufacturing (9)
- Mechanical (1)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (114)
- Network (2)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (1)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (1)
- Product Engineering (1)
- R&D (25)
- Robotics (2)
- Sales (2)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (22)
- Service & Maintenance (8)
- Software and System Programming (109)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (9)
- Technical Writer (7)
- Telecom (35)
- Testing/QA/QC (30)
- Trainee (4)
- Walk-ins (8)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Barcodes Will Soon Communicate With Humans September 23, 2017
- Specialised Technology Solutions to Enable Climate Resilient Farming September 23, 2017
- Data Interface: HSIC versus USB September 22, 2017
- How Blockchain Came Into Being? September 22, 2017
- 600V Super-Junction Power Modules Add New Package Options and Features to Simplify Motor Drives September 22, 2017
- Free Tools to Make Your PCB Smarter September 21, 2017
- India’s Largest Conclave on IoT Concluded its 2 Day Session September 21, 2017
- Gartner Says Deep Learning Will Provide Best-in-Class Performance for Demand, Fraud and Failure Predictions By 2019 September 21, 2017
- New Radiation-Tolerant Plastic ICs to Power Small Satellite Mega-Constellations September 21, 2017
- Lumada: An Intelligent IoT Platform for Industrial and Enterprise Customers September 21, 2017