This center has 7×24 high volume support center environment. The TSS staff provides the incident management along with technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer’s (both internal and external) problems. The TSS will work directly with the customer, on-site Customer Engineers and the Teradata Global Support Center Engineers to understand the problem, capture appropriate failure information and search knowledge for complex known solutions using available systems, tools, and resources to resolve the customer’s problems. The TSS will perform troubleshooting activities, escalate problems to the appropriate party(s), and assist in communicating the solution to the customer. The TSS must develop and maintain a working knowledge of current hardware, software, firmware, processes, and tools. The TSS will be required to have both strong technical and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to; Software, application and hardware troubleshooting, system diagnosis and analysis, customer satisfaction, asset management and individual development for mission critical customer support.
Skills and Attributes
- Clear understanding of contractual policies and development.
- Using verbal and written communication skills, to prepare and deliver presentations when required.
- Strong oral, written and call handling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service and satisfaction skills.
- Strong facilitation and team skills.
- Perform simple to complex analyses with the use of a personal computer. Flexibility in a multi-managed working environment.
- Flexibility to work in 24×7 rotational shifts.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Associates degree in Computer Science or an electronics technology discipline
- Conceptual understanding of Intel-based computer hardware architectures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an electronics technology discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in Host software (MVS, VM etc)
- Advance knowledge of Teradata, Linux, UNIX, Windows, mainframe operating systems (VM/MVS, etc.)
- Teradata Database experience
- Teradata Certification
- Advance knowledge of disk array architecture
- The BASE center in a fast-paced, demanding customer technical support center environment that requires timely solutions to complex technical problems, often of a critical nature to the customer.
- New technology developments and expanded support services require continual skill expansion and enhancement, often in an on-the-job environment.
- The work environment may require rotation in work hours, pager rotation, and or extended hours, as needed, to accommodate the business and customer needs.
- This position will also be supporting International customers and the ability to speak other languages in addition to English is a plus
- This position reports to the India Base Manager
Job: Customer Support
Primary Location: Asia Pacific/Japan-IN-Andhra Pradesh-Hyderabad
Organization: Eng Global Support Team
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (17)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (200)
- Engineering (197)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (83)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (60)
- Manufacturing (13)
- Mechanical (2)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (134)
- Network (6)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (4)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (29)
- Robotics (2)
- Sales (3)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (26)
- Service & Maintenance (12)
- Software and System Programming (141)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (8)
- Telecom (41)
- Testing/QA/QC (37)
- Trainee (6)
- Walk-ins (7)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Automotive Qualified Diode Arrays Offer AEC-Q101 Compliant Overvoltage Protection Solutions December 13, 2017
- DC Motor Starter Using Arduino Uno Board December 13, 2017
- New High-Performance Oscillators for Tackling High-Speed Transceiver Clocking December 13, 2017
- Drive-By-Wire: Mechanism, Protocol and Performance December 12, 2017
- Introduction to Snapdragon 845 December 12, 2017
- World’s First 14TB HDD with Conventional Magnetic Recording December 12, 2017
- Tiny 500W PSU From XP Power Meets Latest Medical and IT Standards December 12, 2017
- Demystifying Thermopile Sensors December 12, 2017
- Making Academia Entrepreneurial With T&M Equipment December 11, 2017
- Midget Vibration Detector December 11, 2017