Advertising End Date:18 Aug 2017
Engineers with strong fundamentals in the field of solid mechanics, finite element method, fatigue and fracture. The GET/ Post Graduate Engineering Trainee at GKN Aerospace India will belong to the organization in India and report to the product managers supporting either Aero-engines or Aero-structures business within GAI.
He or She will support product development activities by performing Design & Stress Analysis of Aerospace Components. The execution will mostly be in accordance with established design practices and work instructions. However, the engineer would also have opportunities to contribute to internal process improvement activities and reuse of knowledge.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- BE/B.Tech Equivalent or Higher qualification, preferably within Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace/Applied mechanics, from top-notch, reputed institutes/universities.
- Fundamental understanding about the Structural Mechanics, Strength of Materials, FEM and Fatigue and Fracture mechanics.
- Excellent Knowledge about the Free Body Diagrams, SFD and BMDs and preliminary understanding of Structural Design Concepts that includes structural optimization etcs,.
- Strong drives to develop, validate, present and implement new methods, tools and the theories on which they are based.
- Knowledge of commercial FE tools such as ANSYS, Hypermesh, PATRAN, NASTRAN & interest towards process automation using MATLAB, TCL/TK, Shell & AWK, and APDL will be an added advantage.
- Should be willing to travel occasionally to work at the locations in Sweden or in UK based on work requirements.
- Good English, both spoken and written
- Good technical report writing skills
- Self driven individual who can expand his/her skills with on-job training
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
Apply for this job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (22)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (238)
- Engineering (224)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (88)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (90)
- Manufacturing (14)
- Mechanical (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (153)
- Network (7)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (31)
- Robotics (3)
- Sales (6)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (30)
- Service & Maintenance (13)
- Software and System Programming (152)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (12)
- Telecom (49)
- Testing/QA/QC (45)
- Trainee (10)
- Walk-ins (7)