As a Field Service Engineer, you will be a part of the Robotics and Motion (DM) division which offers a wide range of products and services including drives, motors, generators, power electronics systems, rectifiers, power quality products, photovoltaic inverters, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and robots. These products help customers to improve productivity, save energy, improve quality, and generate energy.
You will be responsible for the following activities as a MV-Drives system Field Service Engineer:
• Commission and service of MV- Drives at customer sites.
• System interfacing of MV-drives as per customer process requirement.
• Provide technical support by identifying technical problems and determining corrective actions in own area of expertise via remote or on-site service in any Service category (installation and commissioning, maintenance).
•Attend service calls and preventive maintenance visits for AMC/Break down as per customer requirement.
•Understand techno-commercial terms and condition and the scope of work for end to end order execution.
•Analyze and determine the necessary repair or replacement of equipment at site.
•Execute maintenance activities of drives system as per the customer requirement.
•Perform installation commissioning and testing as per the contractual requirement, in coordination with Project manager and adherence to set (OHS & site) guidelines.
•Educate customers on basic operation of their equipment, informing them of issues they may experience and the necessary corrective actions.
•Lead overall MV-drives system commissioning at sites in co-ordination with respective product specialists.
To fit in this role, you should hold a BE in Electrical Engineering and have 2-5 years of work experience. Relevant experience in Drives system Engineering and commissioning will be added advantage, along with the ability to write detailed technical field service reports and troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment. You should be able to comply with ABB and customer safety requirements and complete all designated safety training on time.
Inclination to develop yourself by reading technical publications and participating in educational opportunities and striving to build strong effective working relationships with our Customers and service providers on sites to complete the task will be required for the position. You should also have the ability to work with minimum supervision and be able to adapt to various job-site situations. Flexibility to travel is a must as this role requires 80% of travelling.
- Location: Visakhapatnam,Andra Pradesh,India
- Contract type: Regular/Permanent
- Business Unit: Drives and Controls
- Date posted: 2017-04-03
- Job function: Service and Maintenance
- Publication ID: IN60759495_E1
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (4)
- Automation (16)
- Automobile (5)
- Customer Service (4)
- Design Engineer (41)
- Embedded/Chip Design (151)
- Engineering (164)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (1)
- Government (69)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Internships (43)
- Manufacturing (9)
- Mechanical (1)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (114)
- Network (2)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (1)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (1)
- Product Engineering (1)
- R&D (24)
- Robotics (2)
- Sales (2)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (22)
- Service & Maintenance (8)
- Software and System Programming (108)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (7)
- Telecom (35)
- Testing/QA/QC (29)
- Trainee (4)
- Walk-ins (7)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Self-Driving Cars Platform and Their Trends (Part 2 of 2) September 25, 2017
- World’s Most Compact Sigfox Verified Solution with RF System-in-Package for Low Power IoT Designs September 25, 2017
- The Worst Thing You Could do for Someone is to Set Low Expectations September 25, 2017
- MathWorks Announces Release 2017b of the MATLAB and Simulink Product Families September 25, 2017
- New MCP2517FD Allows Users to Easily Transition To and Benefit From CAN FD Enhancements September 25, 2017
- Barcodes Will Soon Communicate With Humans September 23, 2017
- Specialised Technology Solutions to Enable Climate Resilient Farming September 23, 2017
- 25 Free eBooks On Electronics! September 22, 2017
- Data Interface: HSIC versus USB September 22, 2017
- How Blockchain Came Into Being? September 22, 2017