Engineer – Software Validation
Requisition ID: (16004260)
Primary Location: India-Uttar Pradesh-Noida
Job Function: Engineering
Job Posting Date: Aug 10, 2016, 11:14:46 AM
• Testing of Ovation and add-on releases:
a. Testing of Ovation releases, add-ons and 3rd party softwares by following Test Cycle-Smoke, first pass, & regression testing.
b. Posting issues in consultation with project leads; debugging and recreating reported problems.
c. Enhancing test procedures of executed assignments as required.
d. Complete the project documentation as per the Department Quality procedures on a regular basis.
e. Regularly attending and actively participating in project conference calls to discuss issues.
f. Maintain product quality testing within agreed schedule.
g. Routine backup of Ovation systems using scripts and SBR tool; archiving and retrieving of OPH data.
h. Creating & maintaining database and lesson learnt documents after project completion.
• Patch Testing:
a. SDR testing for Ovation/OPH patches.
b. Monthly patch and weekly AV installation on Ovation test beds and performing Ovation basic functionality testing thereafter.
c. Creation & Deployment of Operating System Deployment (OSD) images.
d. Monthly OSC & VA Patches deployment.
e. Filling of bulletin files for periodic activities.
• System Installation:
a. Installation of Windows OS, drivers and Microsft patches (for EWS).
b. Configuration of DCS setup including Hardware (Controller, basic I/O modules etc.), Software-Ovation (EWS, BS,VCH, VC) & Network Configuration (IP configuration, OHI driver etc.).
c. Installation & configuration of add-ons and various 3rd party system: OPH, OPC, ELC, ODT, TCI, GPADCS, ISB, APC, AV etc.
• Additional reponsibilities:
a. Participate in lab activities such as lab maintenance, controller wall mounting, hardware maintenance, network rack planning & dressing, tagging of Hardware equipments etc.
b. Supporting technical writing team members on technical queries of different products to complete their documentation.
c. Participating among team to share expertise such as sharing knowledge regularly during brainstorming sessions.
d. Mature knowledge of DCS and other different Emerson products like-Ovation, OPH, OPC, ELC, ODT, SIS, SIS Charms, TCI, GPADCS, ISB, APC, OSC, AV, TPNF etc.
e. Referring the Technical Guide from crossroads during project execution.
f. Enhance required skill set for Ovation & Add-on softwares such as – C/C++/.NET, Vmware, Crystal Report, Communication Protocols etc.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE
a. Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation/Power Engineering with more than 1 year of experience in process industry preferably in power plant.
b. Basic knowledge of Distributed Control Systems and Power Plant/ Water and Waste Water process.
c. Good communication, interpersonal skill and drive for results.
d. Strong computer skills.
e. Able to work in a team.
f. Willing to travel India and abroad.
g. Should be able to resolve basic technical matters.
h. Self-motivation and to accept challenging assignments
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Automation (15)
- Automobile (4)
- Customer Service (4)
- Design Engineer (42)
- Embedded/Chip Design (120)
- Engineering (132)
- Government (49)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Information Technology (2)
- Internships (31)
- Manufacturing (7)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (3)
- Miscellaneous (80)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (1)
- PCB Design (4)
- R&D (17)
- Robotics (1)
- Sales (2)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (15)
- Service & Maintenance (4)
- Software and System Programming (73)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (6)
- Telecom (29)
- Testing/QA/QC (14)
- Walk-ins (6)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- New spectral Eye Video Database SPEED Revolutionises Eye-Tracking June 22, 2017
- Suggestions for Replacing Film Capacitors with Multi-Layer Ceramic Capacitors June 22, 2017
- Simple Event Counter June 22, 2017
- Industry 4.0 – Building the Foundation For Tomorrow’s Digital Manufacturing June 21, 2017
- Use Blockchain Technology To Rout Risk Out Of Network Transactions June 21, 2017
- Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) Technology June 21, 2017
- Latest PIC32 Family Increases Performance While Reducing Power Consumption June 21, 2017
- How does an Electric Car work? June 20, 2017
- How To Free Up Space On Android June 20, 2017
- SMEs Can Deploy IIoT Over legacy Systems To Make Manufacturing Efficient June 19, 2017