Engineer – Software Validation
Requisition ID: (16004260)
Primary Location: India-Uttar Pradesh-Noida
Job Function: Engineering
Job Posting Date: Aug 10, 2016, 11:14:46 AM
• Testing of Ovation and add-on releases:
a. Testing of Ovation releases, add-ons and 3rd party softwares by following Test Cycle-Smoke, first pass, & regression testing.
b. Posting issues in consultation with project leads; debugging and recreating reported problems.
c. Enhancing test procedures of executed assignments as required.
d. Complete the project documentation as per the Department Quality procedures on a regular basis.
e. Regularly attending and actively participating in project conference calls to discuss issues.
f. Maintain product quality testing within agreed schedule.
g. Routine backup of Ovation systems using scripts and SBR tool; archiving and retrieving of OPH data.
h. Creating & maintaining database and lesson learnt documents after project completion.
• Patch Testing:
a. SDR testing for Ovation/OPH patches.
b. Monthly patch and weekly AV installation on Ovation test beds and performing Ovation basic functionality testing thereafter.
c. Creation & Deployment of Operating System Deployment (OSD) images.
d. Monthly OSC & VA Patches deployment.
e. Filling of bulletin files for periodic activities.
• System Installation:
a. Installation of Windows OS, drivers and Microsft patches (for EWS).
b. Configuration of DCS setup including Hardware (Controller, basic I/O modules etc.), Software-Ovation (EWS, BS,VCH, VC) & Network Configuration (IP configuration, OHI driver etc.).
c. Installation & configuration of add-ons and various 3rd party system: OPH, OPC, ELC, ODT, TCI, GPADCS, ISB, APC, AV etc.
• Additional reponsibilities:
a. Participate in lab activities such as lab maintenance, controller wall mounting, hardware maintenance, network rack planning & dressing, tagging of Hardware equipments etc.
b. Supporting technical writing team members on technical queries of different products to complete their documentation.
c. Participating among team to share expertise such as sharing knowledge regularly during brainstorming sessions.
d. Mature knowledge of DCS and other different Emerson products like-Ovation, OPH, OPC, ELC, ODT, SIS, SIS Charms, TCI, GPADCS, ISB, APC, OSC, AV, TPNF etc.
e. Referring the Technical Guide from crossroads during project execution.
f. Enhance required skill set for Ovation & Add-on softwares such as – C/C++/.NET, Vmware, Crystal Report, Communication Protocols etc.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE
a. Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation/Power Engineering with more than 1 year of experience in process industry preferably in power plant.
b. Basic knowledge of Distributed Control Systems and Power Plant/ Water and Waste Water process.
c. Good communication, interpersonal skill and drive for results.
d. Strong computer skills.
e. Able to work in a team.
f. Willing to travel India and abroad.
g. Should be able to resolve basic technical matters.
h. Self-motivation and to accept challenging assignments
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Academia (1)
- Automation (13)
- Automobile (4)
- Customer Service (3)
- Design Engineer (41)
- Designer (1)
- Developer (3)
- Device Drivers (1)
- Embedded/Chip Design (102)
- Engineering (104)
- Government (36)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Information Technology (2)
- Internships (20)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (1)
- Miscellaneous (58)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (1)
- PCB Design (3)
- R&D (15)
- Sales (2)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (5)
- Software and System Programming (43)
- T & M (2)
- Technical Support (6)
- Technical Writer (3)
- Telecom (22)
- Testing/QA/QC (9)
- Walk-ins (3)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Materials: Playing It Safe With Organic Compounds March 27, 2017
- These Semicondutor Solutions Were Selected By Nintendo For Nintendo Switch March 27, 2017
- gSpiceUI: Simulation Program With IC Emphasis March 25, 2017
- IoT And Smart Farming To The Rescue Of Our Farmers March 25, 2017
- New STM32L4 MCUs Lead Ultra-Low-Power Class in Performance and Efficiency with Top Peripheral Integration March 25, 2017
- Bolstering Native Encryption With Centralised Key Management March 24, 2017
- Wireless Doorbell March 24, 2017
- Idea To Production: Building Your First Minimum Viable Product March 23, 2017
- How Should Your Post-Engineering Life Be Like? Don’t be Fooled By Myths March 23, 2017
- Industrial Automation Product Development: Build Versus Buy March 23, 2017