Engineer – Software Validation
Requisition ID: (16004260)
Primary Location: India-Uttar Pradesh-Noida
Job Function: Engineering
Job Posting Date: Aug 10, 2016, 11:14:46 AM
• Testing of Ovation and add-on releases:
a. Testing of Ovation releases, add-ons and 3rd party softwares by following Test Cycle-Smoke, first pass, & regression testing.
b. Posting issues in consultation with project leads; debugging and recreating reported problems.
c. Enhancing test procedures of executed assignments as required.
d. Complete the project documentation as per the Department Quality procedures on a regular basis.
e. Regularly attending and actively participating in project conference calls to discuss issues.
f. Maintain product quality testing within agreed schedule.
g. Routine backup of Ovation systems using scripts and SBR tool; archiving and retrieving of OPH data.
h. Creating & maintaining database and lesson learnt documents after project completion.
• Patch Testing:
a. SDR testing for Ovation/OPH patches.
b. Monthly patch and weekly AV installation on Ovation test beds and performing Ovation basic functionality testing thereafter.
c. Creation & Deployment of Operating System Deployment (OSD) images.
d. Monthly OSC & VA Patches deployment.
e. Filling of bulletin files for periodic activities.
• System Installation:
a. Installation of Windows OS, drivers and Microsft patches (for EWS).
b. Configuration of DCS setup including Hardware (Controller, basic I/O modules etc.), Software-Ovation (EWS, BS,VCH, VC) & Network Configuration (IP configuration, OHI driver etc.).
c. Installation & configuration of add-ons and various 3rd party system: OPH, OPC, ELC, ODT, TCI, GPADCS, ISB, APC, AV etc.
• Additional reponsibilities:
a. Participate in lab activities such as lab maintenance, controller wall mounting, hardware maintenance, network rack planning & dressing, tagging of Hardware equipments etc.
b. Supporting technical writing team members on technical queries of different products to complete their documentation.
c. Participating among team to share expertise such as sharing knowledge regularly during brainstorming sessions.
d. Mature knowledge of DCS and other different Emerson products like-Ovation, OPH, OPC, ELC, ODT, SIS, SIS Charms, TCI, GPADCS, ISB, APC, OSC, AV, TPNF etc.
e. Referring the Technical Guide from crossroads during project execution.
f. Enhance required skill set for Ovation & Add-on softwares such as – C/C++/.NET, Vmware, Crystal Report, Communication Protocols etc.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE
a. Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation/Power Engineering with more than 1 year of experience in process industry preferably in power plant.
b. Basic knowledge of Distributed Control Systems and Power Plant/ Water and Waste Water process.
c. Good communication, interpersonal skill and drive for results.
d. Strong computer skills.
e. Able to work in a team.
f. Willing to travel India and abroad.
g. Should be able to resolve basic technical matters.
h. Self-motivation and to accept challenging assignments
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (1)
- Automation (15)
- Automobile (5)
- Customer Service (4)
- Design Engineer (41)
- Embedded/Chip Design (123)
- Engineering (142)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (1)
- Government (57)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Internships (37)
- Manufacturing (8)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (91)
- Network (1)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (1)
- PCB Design (3)
- Procurement/Supply chain (1)
- R&D (19)
- Robotics (1)
- Sales (2)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (16)
- Service & Maintenance (5)
- Software and System Programming (85)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (7)
- Technical Writer (6)
- Telecom (31)
- Testing/QA/QC (17)
- Trainee (1)
- Walk-ins (7)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Arduino Based Digital IC Tester Using MATLAB July 20, 2017
- Single-Chip Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controllers Enabling USB Type-C and USB Power Delivery Support July 20, 2017
- Development Kit that Realizes Cars to Generate and Express Their Own Emotions July 20, 2017
- Smart System Controller for Nano Grids July 20, 2017
- Hybrid Emulation And The Challenges Ahead July 19, 2017
- Turn Into Electronics Hobbyists To Redefine Indian Engineering July 19, 2017
- Installing Google Assistance on Raspberry Pi July 19, 2017
- AI Technologies Will Be in Almost Every New Software Product by 2020 July 19, 2017
- What is a MOSFET | Basics, Working Principle & Applications July 19, 2017
- A Filterless Design For Air-Pollution Control July 18, 2017