Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
The NPI engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role he/she will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components such as smart positioners, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Maintain sustenance of global product definition required to define and support control valve instruments and accessories, assemblies or systems that meet corporate engineering standards and New Product Introduction program requirements.
- Prepare and present technical data in design reviews to chief/principal engineers and global engineering approval committees.
- Document the work in PLM, eDRB and other corporate document repositories
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives such as cost out, design automation using Microsoft VBA/scripts.
- Work on CAD packages and ERP such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, SAP, Oracle
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in electronics /instrumentation/ mechatronics from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2- 4 years of experience in an engineering or other technical position.
- Adequate skill on CAD packages and ERP such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, SAP, Oracle
- Adequate skill on testing electronic circuit assembly / Labview
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong product structuring expertise, Exposure in NPI / IP processes.
- Exposure in international technical/ regulatory standards and codes such as IEC/SIL/ATEX/ NEMA and NEC
Locations: India; Coimbatore
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (30)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (272)
- Engineering (249)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (95)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (3)
- Internships (121)
- Manufacturing (15)
- Mechanical (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Medical (1)
- Miscellaneous (160)
- Network (7)
- Operations (2)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (3)
- R&D (37)
- Robotics (3)
- Sales (8)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (33)
- Service & Maintenance (16)
- Software and System Programming (176)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (11)
- Technical Writer (15)
- Telecom (54)
- Testing/QA/QC (52)
- Trainee (18)
- Walk-ins (9)