The provision of the Alstom HVDC Control system is critical to the success of each HVDC Contract awarded. These complex and technically advanced systems incorporate software based on standard modules with bespoke parameters and client specific functions. This role has key objectives of designing, developing and integrating of world-class Control & Protection software for VSC and LCC systems.
• Design and development the Matlab /Simulink SW modules for HVDC (High voltage direct current) application
• Documentation of the SW modules
• Define SW architecture for the own SW modules
• Support for SW designers to make their development
• Integration work to SW platform and defect fixing
• Member of a multi-discipline engineering team to meet the project requirements throughout its life cycle.
• Full responsibility for wide area of software design work.
• Implement software QA activities, incl. code reviews, take part in project milestone and software release reviews, use of TDD-techniques.
• Prepare formal and informal engineering documentation (e.g. Design documents, code reviews, Release reports,…)
• Degree Qualified in an Electrical Engineering/Electronics/Computer Science Discipline with 1-6 years of experience
Technical skills required:
•Software development and software project delivery processes.
• Software lifetime management
• Knowledge and experience in Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum).
• Test Driven Design techniques (e.g. CI/Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, automated regression testing).
• Conceptual understanding of full stack of software and in-depth experience in more than one area (e.g. firmware, middleware, control algorithm).
• Matlab/Simulink knowledge
• Knowledge of Model-Based Design techniques (Matlab-Simulink)
• Knowledge of DSP Software development
• Embedded Realtime Software development (C,VxWorks,…)
• Knowledge of Communication protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, IEC104,DNP3, Profibus, IEC-61850,…)
• Knowledge and experience in safety critical and/or control system software development practices (e.g. IEC 61508, IEC 62304).
• Knowledge of Basic Electrical, Power system and HVDC
• Knowledge of Power Electronics control system design
• Software architecture and modelling (e.g. UML, SysML)
• Knowledge of Firmware (FPGA)
• Knowledge of Embedded HW
• Configuration management
• Automatic testing tools and unit testing
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (22)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (236)
- Engineering (223)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (87)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (89)
- Manufacturing (14)
- Mechanical (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (150)
- Network (7)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (31)
- Robotics (3)
- Sales (6)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (30)
- Service & Maintenance (13)
- Software and System Programming (152)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (12)
- Telecom (48)
- Testing/QA/QC (45)
- Trainee (10)
- Walk-ins (7)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Solar Powered India February 17, 2018
- New Cloud Service Enables Faster, More Robust Analysis of Wind Turbine Structures February 17, 2018
- Breakthrough Diagnostic Platform Aina to Address Chronic Diseases February 17, 2018
- MPLAB Harmony 2.0: From in-House to Open Source February 16, 2018
- Closing the Education-Industry Gap with Robotics System Learning Kit February 15, 2018
- Growing Horizons of Electronic Monitoring February 15, 2018
- Communication Chipsets for Ethernet February 15, 2018
- Synergy Platform Boosts IoT Performance with IAR Systems Advanced Compiler Technology February 14, 2018
- “Universal” Sensor ICs for Motor and Magnetic Encoder Applications February 14, 2018
- Wireless VU meter February 14, 2018