GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
To provide Protection & Control Engineering Solutions for SAS & conventional projects from 33kV to 765kV as per customer specification / requirement and internal standards. To plan and execute basic & detailed design for all protection applications involving switch-yard and generator circuits;
Initiate technical discussion and obtain customer approval on Engineering documents; Deliver quality on-time documentation for procurement, manufacturing, testing, site erection and commissioning.
Protection and Control Engineering of Automation & Conventional projects.
Study of Specification / Technical inputs. Prepare Compliance to customer observation / comments. Evolve cost effective / optimized solutions.
Preparation of Technical Design, Engineering Calculations and Drawings. Check & Validate design documents
Selection & Ordering of IEDs, Relays & Bought-on-Jobs.
Attend Customer technical meetings for obtaining approvals
Release of manufacturing instructions and Database configurations.
Co-ordinate with various stakeholders including Testing team for internal validation and participate in FAT as required.
Provide support to the site team to resolve technical issues and snag lists
Prepare As-built documentation.
Share Return of Experience & Knowledge Capitalisation. Implement the applicable RoEs during design phase.
Time schedule & On Time delivery
Participate with Team leader / Project Management and finalize submission of deliverables, and
commit in terms of man days and in time delivery. Manage design time spent on relevant activities
Ensure on-time delivery of Quality design deliverables..
Anticipate and mitigate delivery issues and recommend change
On weekly basis provide Team lead and /or PM with project reviews.
Project strategy, risk management, Process & Tools
Follow project strategy
Highlight scope or design changes (data for claims, VO)
Track, manage & mitigate identified or potential deviations / risks
Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes.
Deploy Engineering tools as per strategy
Sourcing & Procurement, Supplier management
Ensure issuance of technical specifications and basic document to enable procurement of materials.
Coordinate and review technical offers from suppliers for relevant activity
Manage technical interface with sub suppliers & partners, prepare input data , check consistency
Bachelor Degree in Engineering
2 to 3 years in B.E. / B.Tech (Electrical & Electronics) or (Electrical)
3 to 5 years in Diploma (Electrical & Electronics) or (Electrical)
Power System & Primary Equipment, Substation Automation, Communication Protocols
Product (Protection IEDs) Knowledge, Protection philosophy & concepts, Cubicle mfg. knowledge,
Engineering calculations & Design tools
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently.
Strong problem solving skills.
Collaboration and Teamwork; Innovation; Convincing and Influencing
Chennai, Delhi, Noida, Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkatta
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (22)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (236)
- Engineering (223)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (87)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (89)
- Manufacturing (14)
- Mechanical (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (150)
- Network (7)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (31)
- Robotics (3)
- Sales (6)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (30)
- Service & Maintenance (13)
- Software and System Programming (152)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (12)
- Telecom (48)
- Testing/QA/QC (45)
- Trainee (10)
- Walk-ins (7)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Solar Powered India February 17, 2018
- New Cloud Service Enables Faster, More Robust Analysis of Wind Turbine Structures February 17, 2018
- Breakthrough Diagnostic Platform Aina to Address Chronic Diseases February 17, 2018
- MPLAB Harmony 2.0: From in-House to Open Source February 16, 2018
- Closing the Education-Industry Gap with Robotics System Learning Kit February 15, 2018
- Growing Horizons of Electronic Monitoring February 15, 2018
- Communication Chipsets for Ethernet February 15, 2018
- Synergy Platform Boosts IoT Performance with IAR Systems Advanced Compiler Technology February 14, 2018
- “Universal” Sensor ICs for Motor and Magnetic Encoder Applications February 14, 2018
- Wireless VU meter February 14, 2018