GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
To provide Automation & Control Engineering Solutions for Substation Automation from 33kV to 765kV as per customer specification / requirement and internal standards. To plan and execute basic & detailed DCS design for all applications involving switch yard and generator circuits; Initiate technical discussion and obtain customer approval on Engineering documents; Deliver quality on-time documentation for procurement, manufacturing, testing, site erection and commissioning.
Preparation of Technical Design, Engineering Calculations, Project Database configurations and Drawings.
Selection and Ordering of IEDs / Bought-on-Jobs.
Release of manufacturing instructions and Database configurations.
Prepare As-built documentation.
Time schedule and On Time delivery
Ensure on-time delivery of Quality design deliverable.
Project strategy, risk management, Process and Tools
Highlight scope or design changes (data for claims, VO)
Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes.
Sourcing & Procurement, Supplier management
Manage technical interface with sub suppliers & partners, prepare input data , check
Bachelor Degree in Engineering
2 to 3 years in B.E. / B.Tech (Electrical & Electronics) or (Electrical)
3 to 5 years in Diploma (Electrical & Electronics) or (Electrical)
Basic: Power System & Primary Equipment, Protection concepts, Product (Protection IEDs) Knowledge
Broad: Substation Automation, Communication Protocols (IEC 61850, Modbus, IEC103, IEC104)
Networking concepts, Communication architecture, Database configuration, Third party IED integration, Testing, Validation & Commissioning of SAS systems
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently.
Strong problem solving skills.
Collaboration and Teamwork; Innovation; Convincing and Influencing
Career Level: Experienced
City: Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Noida
Postal Code: 600043
Relocation Assistance: No
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (22)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (236)
- Engineering (223)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (87)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (89)
- Manufacturing (14)
- Mechanical (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (150)
- Network (7)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (31)
- Robotics (3)
- Sales (6)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (30)
- Service & Maintenance (13)
- Software and System Programming (152)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (12)
- Telecom (48)
- Testing/QA/QC (45)
- Trainee (10)
- Walk-ins (7)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Solar Powered India February 17, 2018
- New Cloud Service Enables Faster, More Robust Analysis of Wind Turbine Structures February 17, 2018
- Breakthrough Diagnostic Platform Aina to Address Chronic Diseases February 17, 2018
- MPLAB Harmony 2.0: From in-House to Open Source February 16, 2018
- Closing the Education-Industry Gap with Robotics System Learning Kit February 15, 2018
- Growing Horizons of Electronic Monitoring February 15, 2018
- Communication Chipsets for Ethernet February 15, 2018
- Synergy Platform Boosts IoT Performance with IAR Systems Advanced Compiler Technology February 14, 2018
- “Universal” Sensor ICs for Motor and Magnetic Encoder Applications February 14, 2018
- Wireless VU meter February 14, 2018