Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Corporate Marketing Engineer – 6480
Job Location: US – OR – Wilsonville
Job Category: College
Mentor Graphics Corporation is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
The Corporate Marketing Engineer position is a great entry point into a client-facing engineering role at Mentor Graphics. As a technical pre-sales professional, you will work with cross-functional teams, Sales Representatives, Application Engineers, Marketing Program Managers, and Customer Support to uncover customers’ technical needs and sales potential. In today’s workforce, an Engineer with both the technical aptitude and the ability to engage with customers is highly sought after, no matter what career path you take in the future. This position offers great visibility within the organization and a potential career path as a Sales Application Engineer (AE), Account Manager (AM), Technical Marketing Engineer (TME), or Customer Support Applications Engineer. Over the past seven years, many employees in this role have advanced into key technical roles at Mentor Graphics within two years.
As a Corporate Marketing Engineer you will be responsible for driving revenue by uncovering leads for sales. You will engage key decision makers (engineers) in a technical conversation to learn about their design environment, perform a technical screen to assess sales potential, and recommend tool solutions for their design challenges. You will call (via telephone) prospects at the direction of Account Managers (ex: upgrades, cross sell, prospecting) in addition to following up on people engaging with Mentor’s web site.
You’ll be at the helm of innovative product introductions and responsible for showing the world just what makes Mentor Graphics so groundbreaking. Couple this with competitive pay and a very competitive benefits package, and it’s not hard to see why Mentor Graphics is a leader in the industry.
- BS/MS (Master’s degree preferred) in either EE or CE with the ability to learn quickly is required.
- Strong understanding in one or more of the following areas is required:
- CMOS integrated circuits, analog IC design, semiconductor processing, electromagnetics or device physics (experience can be obtained from coursework);
- Understanding of transistor level analog and/or RF circuit design is desired;
- Knowledge and experience with IC tools such as IC Station, Eldo, ADMS, FastSPICE, HiPer, T-Spice, L-Edit or equivalent is preferred;
- Experience in simulating large top-level circuits or experience with SPICE simulators is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; very self-motivated and results-oriented; able to meet specific quota goals and performance deliverables each quarter; inquisitive and a good problem solver; proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Previous experience interacting directly with prospects in a business environment is a plus.
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (22)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (240)
- Engineering (224)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (88)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (92)
- Manufacturing (14)
- Mechanical (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Medical (1)
- Miscellaneous (153)
- Network (7)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (31)
- Robotics (3)
- Sales (7)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (30)
- Service & Maintenance (13)
- Software and System Programming (153)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (14)
- Telecom (49)
- Testing/QA/QC (46)
- Trainee (11)
- Walk-ins (7)