IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India’s solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction
IBM Global Business Services helps clients solve complex business and technical issues. We deliver innovative business consulting, process design, systems integration, application management and design. Our core competencies include deep business process and industry expertise, advanced analytics and research capabilities, comprehensive IT infrastructure knowledge, and proven ability to implement enterprise solutions that deliver bottom-line business value.
Who you are
You will be focusing on individual/team objectives and involve yourself in the development of professional effectiveness. In the role, you will design Applications, write codes, test, debug and maintain Software Applications across various platforms and technologies.
What you’ll do
We are looking for exceptional candidates who are enterprising, have good interpersonal skills, have the ability to operate in large teams that work closely with clients. You must also have sound time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and deliver on time. Excellent communication skills, a passion to learn and apply technical prowess to solve Client problems are a must. As new recruits, you will partner and network with the global IBM community while working alongside Top Talents. The GBS Global Delivery Center is a challenging and an enriching platform to implement your academic learning in real time situations, acquire new skills and more importantly, helps you to make a difference.
How we’ll help you grow
• You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
• You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
• You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
This is an entry level position and the degree to be obtained before the start of the employment
City / Township / Village: ANY CITY
IBM Business Group: GBS
Primary job category: Information Technology & Services
Secondary Job Category: Other Information Technology & Services
Role ( Job Role ): Application Programmer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract type: Regular
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Communication/Negotiation: Draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties. Problem Solving: Recognize job-related problems. Analyze causes using existing techniques or tools, Prepare and recommend solution alternatives. Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Contribution/Leadership: Work on professional projects; work is often reviewed for developmental purposes. Understand the standard mission of the professional group and vision in own area of competence. May directly influence people in own project.
Impact On Business/Scope: Accountable for individual or team results. May contribute by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, or impact immediate costs or expenses.
Flexibility Willingness to work across technologies and job locations, based on business need of the hour.
- Degree: BTech/BE, MTech/ME, MCA,
- Eligible Streams: CSE/Information Technology/ISE/Software Engineering/Computer Science & Information Security/Computer Technology and Application/Computer Applications in Industrial Drives/Data Engineering/Information Security/Web Technology/Applied Electronics & Instrumentation/EEE/ECE/Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/Electronics & Telecom Engineering/Electronics Instrumentation & Controll/Instrumentation Engineering
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree
Travel Required: No Travel
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position? No
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Automation (13)
- Automobile (4)
- Customer Service (3)
- Design Engineer (40)
- Developer (3)
- Device Drivers (1)
- Embedded/Chip Design (109)
- Engineering (110)
- Government (40)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Information Technology (3)
- Internships (20)
- Manufacturing (5)
- Marketing (4)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (62)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (1)
- PCB Design (3)
- R&D (14)
- Robotics (1)
- Sales (2)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (9)
- Service & Maintenance (2)
- Software and System Programming (49)
- T & M (2)
- Technical Support (7)
- Technical Writer (6)
- Telecom (26)
- Testing/QA/QC (12)
- Walk-ins (3)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Everything You May Like To Know About Infrared Water Faucets April 29, 2017
- Telit Adds LoRaWAN / BLE Combo Module to its Broad Range of IoT Wireless Technologies April 29, 2017
- How a Character LCD works April 28, 2017
- Software That Can Fly Your UAVs And Drones April 28, 2017
- New Family of maXTouch Touchscreen Controllers Designed For Large Screen Automotive HMI Designs April 28, 2017
- Global System for Mobile Communication April 27, 2017
- Some Ways To Beat The New Monster In Our Environment April 27, 2017
- We Aim To Become A leader In IoT In Automation – Ganesh Prasad Kumble April 27, 2017
- Which Development Board To Use For Your Embedded Project? April 26, 2017
- Ultrasonic Distance Meter Using Raspberry Pi 2 April 26, 2017