Microsemi Corporation is a semiconductor company specializing in system-engineered integrated circuits and high reliability discrete devices. The Analog Mixed Signal team is the largest commercial products group in Microsemi. We are a leading designer, manufacturer of high performance analog, mixed signal integrated circuits, and modules serving Blue Chip customers.
Microsemi’s Mixed Signal Radio Frequency (MSRF) group develops microcontroller-based sensor interface ICs for targeted automotive and industrial applications. The MSRF Sensor Product Line is looking for a Sr. Applications Engineer / Application Engineer who is versatile with mixed-signal hardware and software design duties in a dynamic and growing Applications Engineering Team, This role will require occasional travel of approximately 10 to 25%.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The candidate will develop reference designs using the sensor products, support customer designs for Automotive and Industrial applications.
- Design, prototype, and debug hardware for sensor based applications
- Develop and analyze multiple solutions to user challenges potentially prototyping one or more options to provide proof of concept
- The candidate will source and update product documentation, training material, and web content.
- Work with firmware/system engineers to ensure that hardware integrates properly
- Participate in the debug of integrated hardware/firmware solutions
- Drive electronic design review process to ensure that all designs are of highest quality
- Create and execute test plans for verifying design performance to specification
- Debug problems as they arise during verification and validation
- Document all hardware designs including design specification, bug tracking, and version control
- Participate in the international release of products
- Assist customers with technical resolutions
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical or Electronics & Communication Engineering with 3-5 years of experience in electronics circuits design and development
- Candidate should have a combination of hardware development experience encompassing analog and digital circuit design, board bring up and debug.
- Experience in communication protocols like I2C, CAN, SPI, Modbus, etc
- Knowledge on Power Electronics, 3 phase inverter, motor control algorithms
- Experience with inductive position sensors or magnetic coil design is a plus.
- Experience with simulation soft wares like Ansys is a plus.
- Strong development and troubleshooting on embedded target boards
- Prior work experience with PCB layout tools, willingness to learn advanced concepts and assisting team members is a plus
- Knowledge of programming in C, for Embedded systems environment
- Work well in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and self-started skills with great organization skills.
- Effective and proactive communication
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (22)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (226)
- Engineering (215)
- Erection/Commissioning/Site (2)
- Government (85)
- Industrial Automation (1)
- Instrumentation (2)
- Internships (75)
- Manufacturing (14)
- Mechanical (3)
- Media/Dotcom/Entertainment (2)
- Miscellaneous (142)
- Network (7)
- Operations (1)
- Other Managerial (1)
- Others (2)
- PCB Design (4)
- Procurement/Supply chain (2)
- R&D (31)
- Robotics (2)
- Sales (5)
- sales/marketing/Advertising (30)
- Service & Maintenance (13)
- Software and System Programming (145)
- T & M (3)
- Technical Support (8)
- Technical Writer (10)
- Telecom (47)
- Testing/QA/QC (42)
- Trainee (7)
- Walk-ins (7)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- The Biggest Challenge Today is The “Lack of Hardware” January 19, 2018
- 300 W DC/DC Converter for Railway/Transportation & Industrial Applications January 19, 2018
- BCR430U Improves Efficiency for LED Strips With an Ultra-Low Voltage Drop Linear LED Driver IC January 19, 2018
- Nanotechnology in Electronics January 19, 2018
- Smart Cameras January 18, 2018
- Make Your Own Joystick for RF Controlled Robot January 18, 2018
- 5GHz PA with Integrated Power Detector from RFMW January 18, 2018
- New 256Mb High-Speed CMOS SDRAMs in the 54-Pin TSOP January 18, 2018
- Design Tips for Electronics Enthusiasts January 17, 2018
- Convolutional Neural Networks for Autonomous Cars (Part 1 of 2) January 17, 2018